Things I Never Predicted I’d Say to my Children

1. Don’t throw the chickens.
  2. A puppy is not a toy.
  3. It’s not cool to burn your brother’s shirt with a magnifying glass.
  4. It’s really not cool to burn your brother’s shirt with a magnifying glass while he’s wearing it.

Got any to add to the list??

UPDATED: Do read the comments, and add yours. Too funny!!!

Earnest Parenting: help for parents who have strange things to say to their children.

6 − = three

• John September 3, 2009, 8:21 am

It never occurred to me to tell my daughter not to strip naked and cover herself with hand soap.

• Amy September 3, 2009, 3:15 pm

Bwahahahahaaa! That’s hilarious, John! A new one for us today was
    “Zorbiting the puppy is a little weird.”

• homeskooling September 4, 2009, 4:23 pm

– Honey, don’t step on your brothers head.
    – No you may NOT light your farts!
    – Sorry… I’m not laughing with you, I’m laughing AT you.
    – So… the chewing gum… how did it there exactly?
    – Make sure you hit the water! (What ELSE is he thinking about hitting? Not sure but they hit it every time.)

• Elcorin September 5, 2009, 8:41 am

Hi,
    Thank you! I would now go on this blog every day!
    Have a nice day
    Elcorin

• Medical Transcription September 7, 2009, 3:04 am

hahhahahah….. yeap thats true… kids really behave like that…but we should let them do as the will enjoy these acts when grow older….

• Lullaby Baby Carriers September 7, 2009, 6:07 pm

“When I asked you to clean up your baby brother, vacuuming him wasn’t exactly what I had in mind…”

• alaJoAnn September 7, 2009, 10:05 pm

No parenting comments, but I’m enjoying the content of your site!… And the great logo, and that outstanding group charicature of your sons.

I’ve been touring the nominees in the Best WordPress Design 2009 contest. Yours is the only one I’ve visited without the “Vote for Me” badge.

Wishing you much success and happiness with blogging and parenting!

• Moni September 8, 2009, 7:54 am

Hahahhaahhahah………..Really nice one.

• Stechmücken September 8, 2009, 3:42 pm

Very nice, I’m laughing

• Wendy September 10, 2009, 10:53 am

-Son, did you wash your girdle? (football season)
    -Honey, you have to hit him harder. (football/hockey)
    -ACK! Don’t hug me!!! (Swim season)
    -Sweetie, you don’t drink out of that cup. (1st hockey season)

• claire_0917 September 11, 2009, 9:18 pm

Lol. These are so funny.. kids are very unpredictable! 😀
    .-= claire_0917´s last blog ..Important Qualities Women Look For In Men =-.

• Amy September 12, 2009, 11:07 pm

homeskooling (that’s hard for me to spell!) LOL

Elcorin, thanks, and nice to meet you.

Medical Transcription one of my greatest hopes in life is that my children grow up to have children of their own who do these things. Then I can laugh at them too.

Lullaby, LOLOL that’s hilarious! I have to admire the genius of using a vacuum.

alaJoAnn, EEK! I’ll work on that shortly. Thanks for pointing out the oversight on the contest!!

Moni and Stechmucken, thanks!!

Wendy, LOL and EWWWWWW!

Claire, glad you laughed. 🙂

• James | Postcard Printing September 16, 2009, 2:47 am

What else, Don’t throw your toy but pick it up! Does that make sense at all. Unawareness sometimes funny but true.

• Amy September 17, 2009, 7:52 am

James, very true! lol

• Free Weight Loss Plans September 29, 2009, 1:06 am

Really its true…KIDS ARE INNOCENT ANGELS….

• Helaine Smee October 8, 2012, 11:10 am

I just posted a link of your blog on my Facebook page. I want my friends to also see it!

• Amy LeForge October 8, 2012, 7:33 pm

Thanks Helaine! And what a lovely name you have.