Make Some New Friends!

One of the best parts about having this site is definitely all the fantastic people I’ve “met” and gotten to know online. Do you know how many new blogs are created every day? It’s a big number, let me tell you. There are millions and millions of people online writing about their experiences.

The mind boggles at the thought.

So how do you find new friends online? Well, at a party of course! 5 Minutes for Mom is hosting the annual Ultimate Blog Party, and I’m discovering it’s a great place to find new friends. If you scroll down through the post you’ll see that over 1400 other blogs are listed in the family friendly section. 1400! And there are prizes for participating! Woohoo, I love prizes.

Oh!! Did I mention? I won a prize over at Terry Starbucker’s blog today. (Totally unrelated to the Ultimate Blog Party, but still. A happy occasion.) I’m quite fond of Terry’s blog; he always has interesting things to say and he’s one of the founders of SOBCon09. I’ll be talking about that sometime soon.

Where was I? Oh yes, prizes. If you click on 20 blogs in the party list and comment at those blogs, you’re entered to win prizes, like

• a $50 gift certificate to Target Stores
  • a $15 Usborne Book gift certificate
  • a Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer

If I were to pick from the list myself, the following items would be grand prizes for me: 67, 68, 88, 95, 101, 127, INTL15, INTL17, INTL19, and INTL57. Which prizes would you like to have? Check out the list of prizes here. And if you win a prize, let me know, okay? I love being part of happy events!

Earnest Parenting: help for parents who want to make new friends.

− 4 = zero

• Cat @ 3 Kids and Us March 26, 2009, 1:51 am

Hi there! I’m Cat stopping by from the UBP. I love your header graphic btw, very original!

• Fran @ Dear Me March 26, 2009, 6:44 am

Greetings from the Philippines!

I’m visiting from UBP site in 5M4M and I hope you’re having fantabulous time. 🙂

Hope you pop by and visit my party place here.

Thanks. 🙂

~Fran

• Tania @ Larger Family Life March 26, 2009, 8:35 am

Found you through UBP. Nice to “meet” you!

Tania @ Larger Family Life

• Mandy March 26, 2009, 10:00 am

Hi! I enjoyed looking at your blog! Hope you enjoyed the party!

• Terry Starbucker March 26, 2009, 10:31 am

Hey Amy, thanks for the link and your kind words about my blog. Congratulations too on winning my GuiltyTunes contest. See you soon at SOBCon09! 🙂

Regards,
    Terry

• Bollywood March 26, 2009, 5:00 pm

Friends, gifts, parties, blogs all at one go?? wow sounds coool

• ppc coach review March 27, 2009, 3:59 am

nice article I gain some idea and I enjoy reading..

• A. B. England March 27, 2009, 5:23 pm

Stopping by from the UBP. Love your banner!

• Amy March 27, 2009, 11:09 pm

Hi Cat, nice to meet you! I’m going over to check out all the new blogs shortly. Thanks for the compliment on the graphic! The boys are very pleased with it as well. They helped with the design of their own characters.

Fran, nice to meet you as well. Thanks for stopping by and I’ll definitely be over to visit soon.

Tania, thanks for commenting. Your name intrigues me! Can’t wait to learn more.

Mandy, this is my first time participating in UBP. I’m really liking it!

Terry, thank you for the really neat gift! We’ll be talking about it more here next week. I’m counting the days till SOBCon09.

Bollywood, it is! Did you go check out the party?

ppc coach review glad to have you with us.

A.B. England, thanks! I’ll be over to visit your site soon. So nice to find new friends!

• Jenn aka Future Mama March 28, 2009, 12:46 pm

Nice meeting you! You sound like you have such a beautiful family! Four boys?! Too cute! I am a little late to the blog party but I like your blog! I’m still having a little “after party” at my place too!

I’m not a mom yet myself but I’m thinking that may change one day soon! I’m trying to get the DL from moms on “the stuff they don’t tell you beforehand!” haha.

Can’t wait to pick your brain! And please feel free to share your advice or secrets anytime!

• beemaster March 30, 2009, 11:47 pm

great author.. really helps in all matters >>>??

•    Drepression Sydney March 31, 2009, 2:56 am

to make a bunch of friends is not so easy because to make a friend is actually to select a person who can just share out all your life with happiness and sorrow.

• Sunny March 31, 2009, 5:29 pm

Ohh, I’ve never heard of this, thanks for the tip off! I’ll definitely look for some new blogs there! 😀

• Reese Payton March 31, 2009, 11:03 pm

Blogging has been a God send in so many ways, glad to be given the opportunity to read your posts here, look forward to reading more.
    A New Reader,
    Reese Payton

• HR recruitment Philippines April 1, 2009, 1:22 am

i always love to find new friends.. that’s why i am reading lots of blogs in the internet that re interesting to me.. nice blog.. i want to join that party.. thanks and good luck.. =)

• Deborah April 1, 2009, 6:08 pm

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I’m giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty…stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

• Tnomeralc Web Design Toys April 13, 2009, 4:43 am

hi before I give an opinion I would like to tell that I,ve attract by your header specially the cute techno boy.

I would like you to congratulates for making this kind of site I enjoy staying here you made it beautiful and informative.

• Philippines Salary April 14, 2009, 2:59 am

I love having new acquaintances even though i’m a shy type of a person. But it’s interesting to know people with different experiences in life that you can learn from. The more friends, the more learning in life.

• Amy April 14, 2009, 10:25 pm

Jenn, nice to meet you too. I was giggling as I hopped around the UBP blogs because I was following along after you. Thanks for stopping by here!

beemaster, thanks for visiting. 🙂

Depression Sydney, agreed. It’s always nice to make more acquaintances though, and you never know: one of them may become a very close friend.

Sunny, hope you found some new blogs to read and enjoy!

Reese, awwww shucks. Thanks. Love the pics you have up of your friend with the hummingbirds. She must have a ton of patience!

HR Recruitment Philippines, didja win any UBP prizes? I didn’t, but I did have fun meeting new people.

Deborah, G’Day to you as well! Hope you had lots of people stopping by for your UBP. What a great prize that was!

Tnomeralc Web Design Toys, thanks! You’re very kind.

Philippines Salary, absolutely! There’s no way I ever would have met so many of the people with whom I interact if it wasn’t for the Internet.

• Employee leasing April 19, 2009, 11:26 pm

Having new acquaintances is really a big thing because in every person you meet, you will learn something new too from them and eventually, you can apply that on your own life.

• Residential Investment April 28, 2009, 3:06 am

Its sounds good and really helpful for everybody.

• bmx bikes April 29, 2009, 4:31 am

its really helpfull for every person

• Jon Bingo Live April 29, 2009, 6:36 am

Party, friends, gifts the only word I can say I wow…I enjoyed your post

• Order fulfilment May 1, 2009, 2:32 am

I would like to tell that I,ve attract by your header specially the cute techno boy.more friends, the more learning in life.

• starting a business in the philippines May 5, 2009, 1:17 am

That would be great, having new friends will broaden our experience. I’ll tell my mom about those link.

• Solutions May 5, 2009, 6:25 am

Thanks for providing such nice and informative post .

• karla the office space philippines May 7, 2009, 11:39 pm

I love meeting new people. It makes me learn something new about everything in life. I got a chance to know the goods and the bad in life. Love your posts by the way. 🙂

• cosmetic surgery information May 21, 2009, 12:41 am