In the United Kingdom, each and every parent ensures that their child gets quality education right from the kindergarten days. In fact, families are now focusing more on making their children pursue schooling right from their homes. This has popularized homeschooling through the entirety of England which has currently become a happening trend for career enthusiasts. Homeschooling as reported by academicians is one of the most effective forms of education that can prepare students for higher studies.
According to statistics conducted by the National Home Education Research Institute, nearly 2.5 million homeschoolers were registered in the academic year of 2007-08. Although homeschooling rates rise on a yearly basis, parents love to go for such investments to make their kids educate with perfection. However, the Home School Legal Defense Association says that the homeschooling costs vary from one school to another where parents are required to spend within $600 every year.
Primary Reasons for Homeschooling
- Time from parents – The reasons for homeschooling differ from one person to another. One of the most important reasons behind opting for homeschooling is making the child adapt a learning habit. Parents always prefer to keep their kids under constant attention so that they can learn ethical and moral values right from their early days.
- Parents dislike school – Schools are no doubt designed to train and provide education to students and career professionals. However, there are certain schools where students are not given effective trainings and this gradually diminishes their spirits to learn and gain more knowledge. In this respect, homeschooling comes as a high-scoring option for parents as well as students.
- Motivation – Behind every achievement, motivation is always an important factor. Unless you are not motivating your child, you can never make him/her realize the importance of education. Homeschooling in this respect is a great option where parents make their kids engage in fun-filled activities and other interesting lessons unlike those included in curriculum followed at traditional schools.
Tools for Homeschooling
- Spelling & Vocabulary – The majority of children struggle to master their spelling and vocabulary skills. So, homeschooling is one such effective forms of education through which you can make your kids practice spellings and let them know new words and expressions.
- Library – Homeschooling doesn’t mean to keep your child within the vicinity of your home. You can always take him to libraries, museums and all such resourceful places where he can gather information and knowledge on various subjects. Give him the opportunity to read books and magazines so that he can adopt a reading habit right from his school days.
- Make him explore online – Internet is the only source through which you can get loads of information. Moreover, career enthusiasts today prefer to make use of online resources to enhance their career standards. Today, homeschoolers can enroll in distance learning courses and work at the same time. In fact, working personals now prefer to go for online degrees that help them balance their work and career.
Earnest Parenting: help for parents who want well-educated children.
Image courtesy of Bill Townsend Photography via Creative Commons license, some rights reserved.