For those who might be thinking that home schooling is just another silly concept for learners, there is more to it. Some are of the opinion that social isolation takes root in home schooling. However, researchers have enough figures and proof indicating the fact that home schooling is very much in trend and learners have slowly taken to it. It is estimated that the numbers will grow in the future. A huge number of parents are encouraging their offspring to take up homeschooling. The concept is feasible if an individual takes up distance learning courses. Homeschooling facilitates an education enthusiast in the following ways:
- The learning approach leverages individual attention, which is fundamental when a student is seeking advanced schooling.
- Academic excellence can be well attained
- Parents can find quality time to spend with their children
- An enhanced level of communication exists between people of different age groups
- Learning environment becomes friendlier and homey
- Academic progress becomes evident
- Boosting family unity
- Respect for parents is enhanced
Distance learning is a new educational approach that has a global response. Students from remote areas can get enrolled in new distance learning courses and avail opportunities to brighten career prospects. Accomplishing professional goals and meeting family commitments have been made easier with distance schooling. New age schooling which has initiated the concept of homeschooling has had positive effects on the learner in many ways. Let us take a look at how the learner is benefited:
- It is estimated that home schooling facilitates a learner in accomplishing more than what he could have done if he had been engaged in conventional learning approach. Students can engage themselves in multi-tasking
- Home schooling enthusiasts can attend social gatherings. Meeting friends and relatives become feasible when you accept this new approach in learning.
- Students can now go for educational trips.
- Home schooling helps avoid bullying that is common in institutional approach.
The new educational approach helps in strengthening family bond. School schedules often take up family time which should essentially be our priority. Strict learning schedules only gobble up our healthy hours with family; we are hardly left with enough time to indulge in get-togethers. Home schooling helps follow schedules that are designed to meet personal and family needs. Most importantly home schooling enthusiasts are considered as individuals, a reason why their needs are looked after well. Individual focus is given to students.
Moreover home schooling which stems from distance learning shields students from getting bullied by fellow mates, which is most common in institutional approach. A safe and peaceful environment helps induce parents to consider home schooling as a preferred learning option for their offspring.
Earnest Parenting: advice for parents deciding which form of schooling is best for their family.
Image courtesy of Harrygep via Creative Commons license, some rights reserved.