2 Laughs and a Link

cracker box

The boys finished off some crackers today and Captain Earthquake was quick to claim the empty box as his own. When I showed up and suspiciously asked what he was going to do with it, he looked at me with big wide eyes and said cheerfully, “I’m going to catch bugs and put them in it…………..and keep them outside, of course!”

He’s pretty smart for a little guy.

Hubby is feeling particularly bad this evening, poor guy. After dinner he was leaning on the counter bemoaning how long he’s been under the weather. His exact question was, “How long has something been wrong with me?”

Now I ask you, Internets: Would you let that opportunity pass you by?

I couldn’t. So I replied, “I don’t know. How old are you?”

My post over at GNMParents (now ForeverParenting) this week is up. We’re talking about the gloomy headlines and news every day and whether or not it’s affecting kids. Check out the comments! I’m interested in your opinion about my politician/Nextel theory.

Earnest Parenting: helping parents laugh several times a month.

Image courtesy of Greencolander via Creative Commons license, some rights reserved.

− 6 = three

• Call Center Seats Makati March 4, 2009, 11:52 pm

Kids love crackers, And they are so hard to please to eat healthy foods,:-(

• Hubby March 5, 2009, 11:03 am

Sigh… I do have to admit it. She not only walked through the door I swung open for her, but she walked out onto the ball field and hit a home run with that one. Even in my poor, pitiful, sickly, stricken, humbled state (that she took full advantage of BTW), I had to laugh. Still smiling about too (even with all the pain and suffering). :0). You feeling sorry for me yet? Now? Now? How about now?

• Dintz March 5, 2009, 2:04 pm

Hey, just thought you might wanna know that your blog looks a bit messed up with Opera.

• monica March 5, 2009, 5:28 pm

Amy,
    I found your blog via Chuck’s site. I just had to leave a comment and let you know how much I love your design. So clean, so simple, so great! A job well done!

You’ve been a great contributor to Chuck’s forum, with lots of excellent input for bloggers. If you ever have a minute, I’d love any advice you’d be willing to give me. You can see my money saving blog at: http://www.livinglargeonless.com.

Keep up the good work!
    Monica

• makati commercial for rent March 6, 2009, 2:30 am

Hello there Amy, Just drop by.
    I must admit that kids do really love eating that kind of goodies.

• selena March 6, 2009, 8:12 am

I think that is really very true that kids love to have crackers. But not sure that it is beneficial for health.

• Amy March 16, 2009, 8:18 pm

Call Center Seats Makati, not to worry I am a MEAN mom and I limit the crackers pretty severely. 🙂

My Darling Hubby: no, I still don’t feel sorry for you. But I do love you.

Dintz, thanks so much for letting me know. I checked the site in a couple of dozen browsers and all the Operas that ran seemed okay. What version are you using?

Monica, that’s so sweet of you!

makati commercial for rent and selena, they do love goodies. Don’t we all? I do push fruits, veggies, and grains as much as I can. I don’t completely forbid the sugary things because I want the boys to learn self-control while I have them. I’m concerned that outlawing that stuff completely would result in them going crazy with it when they leave home and ruining their health. Instead we teach them to eat in moderation. Even healthy stuff I suggest they have only once a day. Better to eat 3 or 4 varieties of fruit than one all day long. You know what I mean?

• karla the office space philippines May 7, 2009, 11:59 pm

Aww very cute and smart kid indeed! 🙂

• KY's Commonwealth Eye Surgery May 8, 2009, 1:19 am

When I was small I use to catch ants and put them in glass bottle.

Nice post