8 Interesting Things about Me

to do list

Yikes, I got tagged for a meme by Joe from FatheredFive. You have to read his list, it’s hilarious (sorry, the site no longer exists). I’ve been pondering it for over a day now, and I have to admit this is a difficult one. I have to come up with 8 things all by myself about myself that are interesting. But not too embarrassing. Sheesh.

Okay, well here goes.

1. I went through modeling school a few years after I started teaching. I worked enough promotional jobs to pay myself back for the tuition. It was a good experience, but I’m not cut out for that profession.

2. I have a Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology: Instructional Design and Technology. Which means I can write instructional materials, curriculum, etc.

3. I enjoy science fiction shows like Stargate SG-1 and Dr. Who.

4. I never had to wear braces growing up.

5. For the second decade of my life I was a horsewoman of moderate skill. I still have dreams that I have forgotten to clean the barn or feed the horses.

6. I love to sew. A full day of just playing with fabric and my sewing machine is heavenly.

7. I’ve been to Europe 3 times, but never to France.

8. I’d love to work in a florist shop and learn how make arrangements.

Okay. Phew. Got that done. I tag

BearTwinsMom

CrazyMeezer

Tea Party Girl

and

BeadNerd

Earnest Parenting: help for having fun occasionally.

× 1 = eight

• PandaBean August 27, 2007, 2:11 pm

1. It’s great you were able to pay off your tution!

2. Wow.

3. I love Sci-Fi too! DH just got all 10 seasons of SG-1 for less than $150! We also love Star Trek and Babylon 5 (all seasons of B5, too).

4. Lucky you! Neither have I, but I should have.

5. I’ve always wanted to learn how to ride a horse.

6. I’m just learning how to sew. I have 2 pockets on an apron skirt and all the peices cut out!

7. Wow, the farthest I’ve ever been is Florida. Everyone else (except my brother) took my G-ma G to France for her 80th b-day; she was born there and we have lots of family.

8. That would be fun. I like learning all the meanings of the different flowers; most people don’t care about that now-a-days, or even know that flowers have meanings!

God Bless!

• Joe August 28, 2007, 10:31 am

Nicely done! It’s surprisingly hard, isn’t it?

I’m impressed by most of your list, though I admit that #6 baffles me. My mom made clothes for me up until I was 19 years old and left home! One of my roommates asked of a pair of sweats I was wearing, “Did your Mom make those?” I said that yes, she had, and realized at that moment that it was unusual. That maybe the clothes looked funny.

• Amy August 28, 2007, 11:08 am

PandaBean: I love all those shows! I think we’ve seen every episode of SG-1, and we’re still mourning the loss. I’ve missed some chunks of various Star Treks, but have seen most. And B5 was one we saw every second of. What a great story! There was one episode in season 4 that actually surprised us when the Captain was staring down the bad guys and then she showed up to the rescue. We actually cheered, which is pretty rare lol.

Joe: I should stipulate that the sewing I love is quilting. You buy fabric, cut it into little pieces, and sew it back together again. Now do you see why I love it so much? Rofl. Makes about as much sense as hitting a little ball into holes, doesn’t it?

• PandaBean August 28, 2007, 4:34 pm

“The only man to ever defeat a Minbari cruiser is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.” I love that part too! My mom tried to tape all the episodes when they originally aired, but she missed a ton of them after the second season, so now that we have them all on DVD, we watch them all about once a year or so. 😛 (Actually we skip most of seson 1, the cheesey “B-movie” type episodes.) LOL

God Bless!

• Tea Party Girl August 28, 2007, 9:34 pm

Hi Amy, thanks for the tag. I don’t dare share on my site, though, as I just finished posting my life story over five days. Hello! My readers don’t want any more info about me, that’s for sure ;-).
    So did you post a picture per our mentor’s suggestion? Modeling…that’s pretty impressive!
    Hope you’re hanging in there with those boys…

• Michelle September 1, 2007, 7:19 pm

I got my meme done, finally. 🙂 It was hard to do because all I can think about are things that involve the boys. It’s hard to think of me as me and not as a mom.

Hugs, Michelle